When immobility is causing you to risk your life whenever you go up and down the staircase, then you need to consider installing a stair lift to aid you in this matter. Or if you have a senior or an injured person in the house, helping them through stair lift Vancouver will make things easier not just for them but for you as well. This is the very reason why some people take into account stair lift installation.
While it is a cinch that stair lifts are advantageous, there are many brands and models to choose from. How would you know which is right for you? Find out how by reading through.
1. Choose the right company that will give you the service you want – this should be your topmost priority when considering installing a stair lift. Look for a company that is reliable and that offers a free survey. You can start your search by asking for a recommendation and reading reviews online. A good company is able to provide you their good quality service in different aspects such as repairs, installation, removals, warranties, and others. Ensure also that they have the best engineers as your safety will entirely rely on their skills and expertise.
2. Ask an agent – your insurance agent will be able to provide you numbers or details of how much of your insurance will be covered when you purchased different models and styles of stair lift from different companies and services. Ensure that you tell your agent the company you will be hiring and check if they are compatible to avoid any issues.
3. Consider the structure of your stairs – while staircases can differ in different aspects especially in style and models, there is one major concern you need to address when you want to install a stair lift in your house. Is your stair straight or curved? This is a very crucial information because the engineers need to create a stair lift structure that is compatible with the stairs you have. Although straight stairs are common, there are houses who have curved stair structure and this needs a curved stair lift that is inter-mediated.
4. Determine your preferences – while this can be saved for later, your preferences can potentially determine the amount of convenience and comfort you get upon using your stair lift. Is it good for your height? Does it move too speedily? Is it padded? Can it be operated through a remote control? All of these things become necessary so determine what you like in a stair lift and ensure you inform your company about them.
5. Choose between purchasing or renting – most companies can offer you the two so you need to identify what is less costly on your side. Will you need the stair lift for a longer time, or not? If not, then opt for a rental one. If you think you will need it for a loved one that is completely immobile, then opt for a purchased one.
Having seniors and immobile family members in the house is difficult, the whole family needs to adjust, as well as the house too. And this is why stairlifts are made.
Stair lift Toronto has been serving the surrounding areas for several years now, and there is no escape from hearing some things that most homeowners assume about stairlifts, in general. Here, we will be sharing with you the most common gossips that you can hear about stairlifts and how they are just myths, need to be debunked.
- If you do not have electricity, you cannot install a stairlift – this is one of the most common assumptions that most homeowners think and believe. It is not always the case the stairs lift operates solely through electricity. Although there needs to have a power outlet for recharging the stairlift, the stairlift operates through battery energy, in general. That is why it is functional even though there is a short outage. Most stairlift models have recharging contact on the bottom and top of the stairs. It is important that you contact a professional technician for electricity-related issues.
- Stairlifts are only for seniors – while it is true that stairlifts are generally for seniors, individuals who need the same help will also benefit from the stairlifts. This can include family members who are immobile or have had serious injuries caused by disease or an accident. A stair lift can be a great assistance for anyone who has a knee or ankle injury that needs healing for weeks.
- They are attached to the wall – stairlifts are not attached to the wall, but they are mounted on the stairs tread to avoid damage to your wall.
- You cannot install a stairlift on stairs that have curves – many believe that stairlifts are not for those whose stairs have turn and curves, but the truth is otherwise. You can install a stairlift even when you have an intermediate landing or curved stairs. All you need to ensure is a professional and expert company or service that can provide you these“curved stairlifts”. They will just need accurate measurements of the stairs as well as some photos for guide, and the rest will be their expertise in creating the structure and installing it.
- Stairlifts take a huge amount of space in your house – some believe that installing a stairlift can be advantageous for the seniors and injured, but not to the rest of the family members as it can take a huge amount of space of the stair, and there will be no adequate space left to use the stairs by foot. While it can take some space, yes, it does not take a huge amount of space and you will have an adequate space to use the stairs on foot — always. The chair’s arms and seat are also foldable, so they would not take much space.
Now that you know the five common myths about stairlifts that are debunked by facts, we believe that you have now a clearer understanding of the benefits of the structure. Thank you and we do hope you will share this with your family and friends who might need this information someday.
One of the hardest things to face is doing mundane activities when you are incapable of walking or reduced ability to move around due to aging, accident, injury, or disease. While things can be done through a wheelchair, going up and down the stairs needs extra effort. This is where stair lift Ottawa becomes handy and a life-saver.
There are many assumptions about having to install a stair lift, and while some of them can be false (like they are just solely for seniors or they could not be installed in curved or intermediated stairs), there are also good assumptions about them. In this article, we will share with you some of the advantages of installing a stair lift in your home.
- They are a life-saver – it is the most obvious reason why homeowners install a stair lift in their homes that stair lift can save their loved ones’ lives. When you have more than onestoreybuilding, seniors and injured will have a difficult time going up and down the stairs and this might cost them their lives. It is extremely dangerous to go up and down the stairs carrying them on their wheelchairs. Having a stair lift will safely transport your loved ones from up to down, or vice versa, the staircase.
- They are comfortable and easy to use – companies now have made sure that they offer features that allow the seater to feel comfortable when seating on the stair lift. Some parts of the chair are adjustable that are able to accommodate your height and weight. Usually, seats are also padded to maximize the seater’s comfort. Its operation is easy too. Stair lifts are usually operated via toggle that is located on the armrest, where the seater can comfortably maneuver the direction and speed of the stair lift. They are also capable of being operated via remote so someone else can operate the lift.
- They are rechargeable – most stair lift operated through electricity, but they are rechargeable and can be used even if there is a power outage. Moreover, there are models that automatically charge the stair lift whenever it is not in use or in park. In this way, you are ensured that your stair lift is always charged and can still operate despite a power outage.
- They are usable and convenient – while some people believe that having a stair lift can be a little disadvantageous to those who do not have the disability as the structure can block the stairs, in general; this is a myth. There will always be a roof to use the stairs by foot and the seat and armchair are, in fact, foldable, so there is nothing to worry in terms of space.
- They can be customized – just like your stairs at home, your stair lifts can also be customized depending on your preferences. They can be tailored to meet your needs and wants in the aspect of features, structure, or style.
You should not immobility get ahead of you or your loved ones. Install one now and do not hesitate to ask the experts.