One of the hardest things to face is doing mundane activities when you are incapable of walking or reduced ability to move around due to aging, accident, injury, or disease. While things can be done through a wheelchair, going up and down the stairs needs extra effort. This is where stair lift Ottawa becomes handy and a life-saver.
There are many assumptions about having to install a stair lift, and while some of them can be false (like they are just solely for seniors or they could not be installed in curved or intermediated stairs), there are also good assumptions about them. In this article, we will share with you some of the advantages of installing a stair lift in your home.
- They are a life-saver – it is the most obvious reason why homeowners install a stair lift in their homes that stair lift can save their loved ones’ lives. When you have more than onestoreybuilding, seniors and injured will have a difficult time going up and down the stairs and this might cost them their lives. It is extremely dangerous to go up and down the stairs carrying them on their wheelchairs. Having a stair lift will safely transport your loved ones from up to down, or vice versa, the staircase.
- They are comfortable and easy to use – companies now have made sure that they offer features that allow the seater to feel comfortable when seating on the stair lift. Some parts of the chair are adjustable that are able to accommodate your height and weight. Usually, seats are also padded to maximize the seater’s comfort. Its operation is easy too. Stair lifts are usually operated via toggle that is located on the armrest, where the seater can comfortably maneuver the direction and speed of the stair lift. They are also capable of being operated via remote so someone else can operate the lift.
- They are rechargeable – most stair lift operated through electricity, but they are rechargeable and can be used even if there is a power outage. Moreover, there are models that automatically charge the stair lift whenever it is not in use or in park. In this way, you are ensured that your stair lift is always charged and can still operate despite a power outage.
- They are usable and convenient – while some people believe that having a stair lift can be a little disadvantageous to those who do not have the disability as the structure can block the stairs, in general; this is a myth. There will always be a roof to use the stairs by foot and the seat and armchair are, in fact, foldable, so there is nothing to worry in terms of space.
- They can be customized – just like your stairs at home, your stair lifts can also be customized depending on your preferences. They can be tailored to meet your needs and wants in the aspect of features, structure, or style.
You should not immobility get ahead of you or your loved ones. Install one now and do not hesitate to ask the experts.